Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sorting

So I've been doing a lot of sorting in my head, I am trying to get my brain back in order so that I can write more. I have a book that I am so excited to finish and get published. It's all written out I just need to finish editing it and fill in a few connecting points. It is an amazing feeling to have a book written from beginning to end, I can't wait to see what it will be like when its finished and published (w00t!) :) It is taking me a long time to get there though. I've had to get back into the practice of writing, and the practice of listening. My book is about a young girl who sees and hears the beauty of the world differently, more distinctly than the people around her, I can't finish the story until I relearn to see and hear the world like the little girl in the book. That has been a fun journey in rediscovering myself, somehow I'd forgotten how peaceful the world can be when we allow ourselves the time to sit and listen. I had a fantastic conversation with God the other day, I went for a walk with him and we were sitting on a fallen tree in this little green belt area of trees near my house. I was looking out at the trees around me and listening to the relative silence. God sort of tapped me on the shoulder and drew my attention to a tree down the way a bit.
"Look at that tree! Isn't it an amazing tree, I really like that tree. I made it. It's a really nice tree."
Normally looking at that tree I wouldn't have seen anything particularly awesome about it, it was a pretty ordinary looking tree. But with God sitting there with me taking pride in his creation, the tree became one of the most uniquely beautiful things I had ever seen. As was the next tree God pointed out, and the next. I laughed in agreement with God, his trees were all so beautiful. It is days like those that remind me what it means to be wrapped in the presence of our Lord, and to be on holy ground. :) I love listening to God delight in his children and his creation. I love the way he talks about his creation, the way he talks about me. I love the warmth of his love.

I've been reading and catching up on the blog of one of my dear friends Ruth Ann and it has given me quite the inspiration. God has been teaching us both about how to get our life in order which has been fantastic to watch take shape in both of our lives. God gave Ruth Ann a list of 10 things (guidelines more than actual rules) that if she follows she will have order and productivity. God has held true to his word and it has been a blessing to watch her life and house come ever more into order. It has also been encouraging, God has given me a similar sort of list, though mine is smaller but it's growing little by little.

It's been interesting, the thing that I want most right now is to finish my book, but that is the one thing I have not been able to sit down and do. My life and my brain have to be in order before I will be able to finish my book, so I have been doing my best to let myself rest and heal and follow God's leading on this whole order thing. The growth I have seen in myself has been fantastic, the healing has been phenomenal :) I am very comfortable in my own skin, which is something that I haven't always been the last few years. I am so excited to see where God will take me next! It is going to be so cool!! :)

One of the things God has been teaching me lately, has been about speaking his promises out loud when you get them. When God gives you a promise, when he gives you a victory or blessing, anything awesome and praiseworthy, don't keep it to yourself, speak it out loud, talk about it, praise God with it, share the awesome power of its goodness, even if it is something that God has promised and it hasn't happened yet it is still good to speak it out loud. Saying the things that are not as though they are, it releases an amazing sort of power and for me personally it helps be remember and believe that God is faithful and he will fulfill his promise no matter how crazy it might sound at the time. It is important to be aware that there are some people out there who have a hard time dreaming and will go out of their way to crush other peoples dreams, these aren't the sort of people to go to in excitement about something that God has given you, some promise of a thing yet to come, a vision or dream. There are other, safer people to bring your dreams to, it is not necessary to tell everyone, it isn't even wise. But it is also not wise to keep your dreams to yourself. they are awesome! And the awesomeness is better when it is shared!

That being said I have things to share :)

I mentioned earlier that God has given me a list of things to do every day. It is a very short list and there are things that I would love to add to it but haven't been given permission yet. At first it consisted of two things:

Go for a walk in the morning.
Exercise.

I tell you what, just having those two things to start my day with, has been amazing. I've recently had another thing added to my list, which seems redundant considering how much of this I've been doing anyways, but God knows what he is doing :) so I've added it to the list.

Rest.

That seems like a good idea, the one thing that hasn't been added to my list yet is write. I really want to get to a place where I am writing more regularly, and I have been writing more regularly which has been awesome, but so far God hasn't officially added it to my list *sigh*, at least not yet. :) But today he did give me a writing assignment, which I am super excited about. :) My assignment was to write this blog, specifically about the struggles I have had in sorting out my brain and organizing my life and how those struggles have hindered my ability to write, and then now the best part :) I'm suppose to write about all the things that I will be writing all the books I have planned out in my head. This is a really exciting thought for me, I don't usually talk much about the stories I have in my head. It is so hard to explain them to people until they are stories and not just ideas. But here I go :) I have God's blessing on this so I know its going to be good :)

(lol, not even sure I know where to start it is going to be long enough though, that I think I shall give it its own blog)

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see the books in your head :) I have been kind of stumped on what "rest" really looks like. I know it isn't 'sleep' because sometimes sleep is restful and sometimes it's not. Could you expound a bit on what that looks like?

    ReplyDelete