Friday, October 7, 2011

Christian A-Z

This is a story from the other side of the fence so to speak. It is a story of the grief and frustration of a hurting people who are crying out for something more, but offered nothing but empty hope.


a stranger walked up to me
and asked me for my name
he said he was a christian
and knew I lived in shame
t'was sinning was the problem
it really was so sad
but hope is for the willing
ev'n for one so bad

cuz there's a god that loved me
and his son could take my shame
all I had to do was pray
and speak his holy name

then the stranger left me
with a slip from a-z
on how to be a christian
as he walked away quickly

yes oh christian for duty spare
a few minutes only
and that for conscience sake
but never stay too long
offer an empty message
then forget me when you're gone

seems I'm worth a lot to you
how much more then to your god?
not worth the time it takes
now I see your 'love'

so you speak of this 'god of love'?
well I've heard it all before
my boy friend said he loved me
and walked out the door

he left me just this morning
for a sweeter thinner girl
and now I've found I'm pregnant
and hope abortion is the cure

and look here,
the paper says I have a father
who loves me very much
thats what my father used to say
before he'd beat me up

it also says god loves me
that this jesus is the key
religion and a swear word
will change my life for me

well I've had enough of jesus christ
he's been sworn at me all my life
and the paper says he's dead and gone!
and yet, (its creepy) he's living on and on?

they say he died to save my life
seems a waste to me
how a death so many years ago
could help to set me free
"but wait! he lives!" they say
and yet I live in hell all day

I do not understand your god
your religion seems so strange
you talk about blood and love
and swiftly walk away

all I know of your god sir,
is what I've seen from you
this god you represent
really can't be true

you say he truly loves me
and wants to save my life
and yet I know that you don't care
you've walked away
and left me dieing here

I'm welcome to be a christian
as far as your concerned
my blood is off your hands
you don't even see my pain
you hardly see my eyes
so quick are you to say your spiel
your words are ill formed lies

how dare you speak to me of love?
you do not know my life
I can never have this hope of yours
all I've ever seen is strife

I hate the world I live in
and a hell is coming you say
well let it come and maybe
it will burn the pain away

cuz all I've even known is pain
to hope is a dangerous fare
pain I have long endured
but to hope I shall not dare

so speak your lies no more
upon this broken heart
I almost thought to hope again
this pain has been so hard

but hope is a shattered thing
best to leave alone
the longing in my heart
is worse than hate to bear

so I drop the paper on the ground
its meaningless to me
an empty god and empty hope
is all from you I've seen


and tears fill our Saviors eyes
as watching He longs to embrace,
and we the ones who bear his name
slowly walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment